Scientific name: Ficus carica.
Delicious, sweet fig fruit is one of the prime fruits enjoyed since antiquity in the human history. Fig is naturally rich in much health benefiting phyto-nutrients, anti-oxidants and vitamins. Dried figs, indeed, are highly concentrated source of minerals and vitamins. A fully developed fig features bell or pear shape with succulent flesh inside.
Amount Per 100 grams Calories 107 % Daily Value* Total Fat 0.1 g 0% Saturated fat 0 g 0% Polyunsaturated fat 0 g Monounsaturated fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 1 mg 0% Potassium 97 mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 28 g 9% Protein 0.4 g 0% Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 2% Iron 1% Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 0% Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 2%
– Fig fruit is low in calories. 100 g fresh fruits provide only 74 calories. However, they contain health benefiting soluble dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and pigment anti-oxidants that contribute immensely towards optimum health and wellness.
– Dried figs are an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants. In fact, dried fruits are higher concentrated sources of energy, minerals and vitamins. 100 g dried figs provide 249 calories.
– Fresh figs, especially black mission, are good in poly-phenolic flavonoid anti-oxidants such as carotenes, lutein, tannins, chlorogenic acid etc. Their anti-oxidant value is comparable to that of apples at 3200 umol/100 g (Trolex equivalents).
– In addition, fresh figs contain adequate levels of some of the anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin A, E, and K. Altogether these phyto-chemical compounds in fig fruit help scavenge harmful oxygen derived free radicals from the body.
– Fresh, as well as dried figs contain good levels of B-complex group of vitamins such as niacin, pyridoxine, folates, and pantothenic acid. These vitamins function as co-factors for metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
– Dried figs are an excellent sources of minerals like calcium, copper, potassium, manganese, iron, selenium and zinc. 100 g of dried figs contain 680 mg of potassium, 162 mg of calcium, and 2.03 mg of iron.
Ref: Fruit Nutrition and Benefits App By RwebHouse. Come
For more Health Benefits Download
Fruit Nutrition And Benefits App Now!!!