Amazing and Weird Facts
1) “US Wireless Users Send 4.1 billion Texts Daily”.
2) The shade of your red-berry yogurt could be carmine, a naturally red food coloring made from the dried bodies of female cochineal insects,.
3) In space, astronauts cannot cry properly, because there is no gravity, so the tears can’t flow down their faces!.
4) According to Conneticutt state law, a pickle has to bounce in order to qualify as a pickle.
5) The average citizen of Liechtenstein doesn’t even lock their door because crime in the country is so low. The last murder was 10 years ago (as of 2007).
6) In early draftings of Star Wars, storm troopers carried lightsabers, and there were female storm troopers.
7) Rapper Tupac’s ashes were mixed with weed and smoked by the members of his hip hop band.
8) A car uses 1.6 ounces of gas idling for one minute. Half an ounce is used to start the average automobile!.
9) Abraham Lincoln, Walt Disney, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs, all of them had no college degree.
10) In ancient Egypt, Priests plucked every hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes. Verified.
11) The only part of the human anatomy that has no blood supply is the cornea.
12) If you were were exposed to outer space without a suit, after about 15 seconds, you would be blue, bloated, and in an unresponsive stupor, but not dead. If they got you back inside and gave you oxygen within about 90 seconds, you’d likely make a complete recovery with only minor injuries.
13) Nintendo was originally a trading card company.
14) Jousting is the state sport of Maryland.
15) Being annoying was against the law in Grand Rapids, Michigan, until 2014.
16) Harry Truman didn’t accept any sort of paycheck once he left office, believing that taking advantage of his past time as president would destroy the integrity of the office. He lived on $113 per month, via his old army pension.
17) The Matami Tribe of West Africa play their own version of football. Instead of a balll, they used a human skull.
18) The French Foreign Legion allows you to enlist with a fake identity, allowing members to effectively start their lives over.
19) The first official US coin said, “Mind your business.”.
20) A 10-Year-Old Accidentally Created in 2012 a New Molecule in Science Class: Tetranitratoxycarbon.
21) A barnacle has the largest penis of any other animal in the world in relation to its size.
22) California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat.
23) A full head of human hair is strong enough to support 12 tons of weight – but definitely don’t test this theory at home.
24) US men work on average a half hour longer than women per day.
25) After eating, a housefly regurgitates its food and then eats it again!.
26) One quarter of the bones in your body, are in your feet! 1.
27) Dalmations are generally born white, without spots.
28) In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and make it look like it’s smiling.).
29) In Illinois, the law is that a car must be driven with the steering wheel.
30) 315 entries in Webster’s 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
31) In 2016, a man blaming a game company for “ruining his life” with game addiction, crashed a car into their head office in South Korea.
32) Oral Roberts claimed he had a vision of a giant Jesus telling him to build a hospital. When the hospital was losing $10 million/year, Roberts claimed he had another vision from giant Jesus threatened to kill him if he didn’t raise $8 million. The hospital went bankrupt being $25 million in debt.
33) Ten percent of all the photos ever taken were taken in the last 12 months.
34) The United States has more bagpipe bands than Scotland does. But would appear to be true since Scotland has a population of only 5,000,000, compared to the U.S. at 304,059,724.
35) Frogs can suffocate if they hold their mouth open too long.
36) 1 in 7 of American adults who have a tattoo, regret it.
37) Rain doesn’t always make the ground wetIn dry, hot places, rain sometimes evaporates before it hits the ground. Environmentalist Edward Abbey describes “phantom rain” this way: “You see curtains of rain dangling in the sky while the living things wither below for want of water. Torture by tantalizing, hope without fulfillment. Then the clouds dissipate into nothingness.”.
38) Bill Gates’ first business was Traff-O-Data, a company that created machines which recorded the number of cars passing a given point on a road.
39) Being hit by lightning causes marks on the skin called “Lichtenberg figures.”.
40)In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.
41) The fingerprints of koala bears (koala resembles a bear, but is actually a marsupial) are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.
42) If NYC were its own country and the NYPD its army, it would be the 20th best-funded army in the world, just behind Greece and just ahead of North Korea.
43) The Humr people of Sudan consume Umm Nyolokh, a drink made from the liver and bone marrow of giraffes believed to contain traces of DMT and other psychoactive components.
44) For those intrigued by having a threesome, you will need to travel to Australia as 28% of the population admits to having done a threesome at least once.
45) Sound waves can be used to make objects levitate.
46) The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
47) Rapper Tupac’s ashes were mixed with weed and smoked by the members of his hip hop band.
48) The smell of books makes some people need to poop. The Mariko Aoki phenomenon is a phenomenon consisting of the urge to defecate while visiting a bookstore. Originating in Japan, it is named for the woman who first publicized such an urge.
49) For a woman attempting to reach climax, it will take her only four minutes through masturbation. However, it can take upwards of 10-20 minutes to reach climax during intercourse.
50) Universities get ‘Kickbacks’ from publishers for requiring their students to purchase textbooks.
51) The mask used by Michael Myers in the original “Halloween” was a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
52) The average apple contains 10 seeds.
53) Rudolf Diesel, who invented the Diesel engine, committed suicide in 1913 because he didn’t think his invention would be successful.
54) A lost wallet is more likely to be returned if you have a photo of a baby in it. In a 2009 study, 88% of wallets with a baby photo were returned, followed by wallets with a photo of a puppy (53%), family (48%) and an old couple (28%). Only 15% of control wallets were returned.
55) 40% of Americans never moved away from the town they were born in.
56) An epidemic of laughing that lasted almost a year broke out in Tanganyika (now Tanzania) in 1962. Several thousand people were affected, across several villages. It forced a school to close. It wasn’t fun, though — other symptoms included crying, fainting, rashes, and pain.
57) The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth 2, moves 49.5 feet for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
58) Medal of Honor recipient Thomas Baker was gravely wounded and had his comrades leave him behind, propped up against a tree with a pistol that had 8 bullets remaining. Later they found his body next to the tree, surrounded by 8 dead Japanese soldiers.
59) A feud over ownership led to the creation of Wind Cave National Park. In 1899, the Department of the Interior found neither of the parties claiming ownership had a lawful claim to the land. President Roosevelt signed the bill establishing the park in 1903.
60) Nowhere in the Humpty Dumpty Nursery Rhyme does it say that Humpty Dumpty is an egg.
61) In 1877, Jimmy, a monkey, was charged with assault after he bit the finger of Mary Shea, in New York. On hearing the case the judge said he could not legally commit a monkey. Jimmy then respectfully removed his velvet hat, climbed atop the judge’s desk and attempted to shake his hand;