50 Health and Fitness Tips and Tricks That can help you
1) Depressed people are likely to get colds more often while happy and energetic individuals get sick less often.
2) Bananas contain bromelain which is an enzyme that controls sex hormones. Bananas also contain Vitamin A, B1 and C. These vitamins promote sperm production.
3) Cold showers are healthier for you than hot showers.
4) Having a spoonful of lemon juice or honey before bed will help you fall asleep quicker!
5) Drink water between sips of coffee or tea to avoid yellowing teeth.
6) If you have a sore throat, eat a cucumber. It will cool it down and stop the itching.
7) Eating an orange before working out not only keeps you hydrated but also keeps your muscles from getting sore.
8) To relieve headache, take a cloth and soak it in cold water. Place the cloth on your bare abdominal and rest.
9) Lemon juice with a pinch of salt (warm) every morning lowers cholesterol levels and brings down your weight.
10) Drinking green tea every day can help you lose weight around your stomach!
11) Sucking a piece of ice controls vomiting.
12) To help cool down in case of fever, put an ice cube on the veins of your wrist or neck.
13) Take a glass of grapefruit and lemon juice in equal parts to dispel fatigue and general tiredness.
14) Drinking green tea before bed will allow your body to burn calories while sleeping. Green tea also increases your metabolism.
15) When doing sit-ups if you place your tongue on the roof of your mouth it will stop you from straining your neck.
16) Want to lose weight? Don’t eat anything 4 hours before you go to bed. It makes a huge difference.
17) A glass of beet juice a day for a few weeks is especially useful for teenagers, because it helps to control the overproduction of hormones.
18) Beware of late night eating!! All those calories just sit there unused and turn into fat while you sleep.
19) Cinnamon is a great spice that can be used to help ease an upset stomach, and it also boosts your metabolism.
20) When you exercise, wear all black. It will be like a funeral for your fat.
21)Everything we do is based on habits. Once you get into the habit of exercising it will be hard to stop!
22) Banana + teaspoon of peanut butter + teaspoon of honey + sprinkles of cinnamon = Amazing healthy snack!
23) Only diet shake you need is the one your booty makes when you’re exercising.
24) Fructose rapidly leads to weight gain and abdominal obesity, in other words, the dreaded “beer belly”. So NOT hot!
25) Gluten causes inflammation in the body. Inflammation slows muscle recovery, impedes digestion, and causes hormonal imbalances.
26) Aloe vera juice can help moisturize the scalp without producing that oily feeling.
27) The common recommendation for 8 glasses of water a day is for sedentary individuals.
28) Best cure for a hangover – pedialyte.
29) Exercising over an hour, choose a sports drink that is 5-8% carbs or 50-80 calories per 8 oz with 120-170 mg sodium.
30) No runner’s diet is complete without plenty of hydration. Make sure to drink water before, during, and after a long run.
31) Timing is everything. Just as people should not scarf down a huge meal and jump in the pool, runners should not eat right before a run.
32) Avoid sit-ups with anchored feet, which can hurt your lower back.
33) Starting interval training: run all out for 1 min, walk for 2 min. Repeat 3 min interval 5 times for a 15 min, fat-blasting workout.
34) The optimal amount of sleep for most adults is seven to eight hours each night.
35) Put your tongue on the roof of your mouth when you do crunches. It will help align your head properly, which helps reduce neck strain.
36) Try to eat dinner at least 3 hours before going to sleep. This gives you enough time to digest so you can sleep better.
37) Singing increases lung capacity, corrects posture and improves mood. So belt it out!
38) If you feel your sweet tooth kicking in after lunch or dinner, grab an apple, orange, or some strawberries.
39) Regular aerobic exercise has been shown to reduce migraine attacks.
40) If you do not exercise regularly, by the time you are 65 you may experience as much as an 80% decrease in muscle strength.
41) If your baby has a fever do not suppose it is from teething, it may go up a bit from teething but rarely >38 degrees Celcius.
42) Walking 20 minutes a day can cut your risk of having a stroke by 57%.
43) Ten people die every minute from a tobacco-related disease.
44) Working lot on computer? Take a break every 20 minutes to stretch ur arms, back & neck.
45) The body needs to be exposed to the sun at least three times a week in over 5 minute durations to experience the associated health benefits.
46) A tasty and easy source to access a variety of important vitamins is multivitamin gummy sweets.
47) If you’re hungry 30 minutes after a meal, that means you might be dehydrated. Drink water.
48) Walking regularly has been proven to reduce risk of incident osteoarthritis by up to 83%.
49) To have good dental hygiene, it is advised to not brush your teeth immediately after eating as it rubs the food’s acidity into your teeth.
50) Very low calorie diet for rapid weight loss is not recommended for breastfeeding mothers as it can adversely affect milk production.