Scientific name: Musa acuminata colla.
The banana is an edible fruit, They are a great source of energy and contain lots of vitamins and minerals, especially potassium, which is important to help cells, nerves and muscles in your body to work properly and it helps to lower blood pressure. They have a thick skin to protect them, which is green before bananas are ripe, and get more yellow in colour and sweeter in taste as they ripen. We peel away the skin and eat the soft fleshy part of the fruit underneath. Bananas grow in hanging clusters, sometimes called hands, on the banana plant in tropical regions like Southeast Asia. You can eat them raw, baked, dried or in a smoothie.
Amount Per 100 grams Calories 89 % Daily Value* Total Fat 0.3 g 0% Saturated fat 0.1 g 0% Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g Monounsaturated fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 1 mg 0% Potassium 358 mg 10% Total Carbohydrate 23 g 7% Dietary fiber 2.6 g 10% Sugar 12 g Protein 1.1 g 2% Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 14% Calcium 0% Iron 1% Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 20% Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 6%
– Banana is one of the high calorie, tropical fruits. 100 grams of fruit carry 90 calories. Besides, it contains good amount of health benefiting anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
– Banana fruit is composed of soft, easily digestible flesh made up of simple sugars like fructose and sucrose that upon consumption instantly replenishes energy and revitalizes the body. Thus, for these qualities, bananas are being used by athletes to get instant energy and as supplement food in the treatment plan for underweight children.
– The fruit holds a good amount of soluble dietary fiber (7% of DRA per 100 g) that helps normal bowel movements so reduce constipation problems.
– It contains health promoting flavonoid poly-phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthin, ÃŸ and a-carotenes, albeit, in small amounts.
– Banana is good source of vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), provides about 28% of daily-recommended allowance.
– The fruit is also a moderate source of vitamin-C (about 8.7 mg per 100g).
– Fresh bananas provide adequate levels of minerals like copper, magnesium, and manganese.
– Fresh banana is a very rich source of potassium. 100 g fruit provides 358 mg potassium.
Ref: Fruit Nutrition and Benefits App By RwebHouse. Come
For more Health Benefits Download
Fruit Nutrition And Benefits App Now!!!